Thanksgiving is next week and that means the holidays are officially here! The smell of freshly baked cookies and sweet treats begin filling our homes as we bake our way through the holidays. We love spending this time with our little ones creating these sweet memories and yummy treats.
Our friend Elizabeth shared her easy, and yummy, pumpkin shaped cinnamon rolls with us...just in time for the weekend! Using your favorite cinnamon roll recipe, or in a pinch Pillsbury works beautifully as well, she shows us how to create these sweet treats.
Let’s get baking!
Your favorite cinnamon roll recipe (Pillsbury works wonderfully as well!)
- Preheat oven to desired temperature (based on your recipe or premade cinnamon rolls)
- Separate each cinnamon roll onto a sheet pan
- Using baking twine, tie the twine around each roll to create the ridges of the pumpkin
- Bake cinnamon rolls
- While the rolls are baking, mix your cinnamon and sugar together to create the topping
- Once the cinnamon rolls are cooled, cut off the twine
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the top of each cinnamon roll
- Use a half of a cinnamon stick in the center of the roll for the pumpkin stem
We can’t wait to try this easy and delicious treat this weekend!
If you try this, we would love to see how it turned out! Please tag us and Elizabeth on Instagram @lalikids and @elizabethalison_ to share your sweet treats with us!