The weather is cooling and the air is crisp, there are hints of cinnamon and nutmeg filling the home, and twinkling lights are being hung, which can only mean that the holidays are officially here. With Thanksgiving only a couple of weeks away, our friend and resident crafter, Laura, is back with a new (and super easy!) craft. We love being able to spend time crafting with our kiddos during the holidays and with just a few simple supplies Laura shows us how to create the cutest turkeys to add to your Thanksgiving table.
Pen or Marker
- Step 1: Cut out all of your shapes. Cut the fabric and paper into the same size squares. Also, out of paper, cut a shape to use as the body of the turkey.
- Step 2: Using the glue stick, glue the fabric square to the paper square. This will help to create structure. Then cut a scallop edge along two opposite sides of the square.
- Step 3: Accordion fold the square you just created.
- Step 4: Pinch the folded paper in the center and using a hot glue gun, glue one side together to create the fan shape of the turkey’s tail.
- Step 5: Decorate the body of the turkey however you would like and then glue the body to the fan tail you created.
- Step 6 (optional): If using these cute turkeys as name plates for your dinner table, write the a name on the body of each turkey.
These cute turkeys will help to add the sweetest touch to your Thanksgiving festivities!
We always love to see what you create, so please tag us on Instagram @lalikids to share your sweet creations with us!
Follow Laura @_laura_prietto to get inspired for more simple crafts to do with your little ones.