Is there anything better than berry picking in the Summer? We love taking the kiddos on an adventure to pick their favorite berries but love even more turning them into something delicious.
Our friend Cathlin shared her easy, and yummy, torte recipe with us. She uses blueberries but this recipe will work with any of your favorite fruits: strawberries, apples, pears, plums…the sky is the limit!
Let's get baking!
1 c (125 grams) AP flour
1 tsp (5 grams) aluminum-free baking powder
Large pinch of kosher salt
1 c (200 grams) granulated sugar
1 tbs honey
1/2 c (115 grams) butter, softened
2 large eggs
2-3 handfuls of blueberries (can substitute thinly sliced pear, apples, plums or other fruit)
2 teaspoons (10 ml) fresh lemon juice
2 tsp ground cinnamon plus a pinch
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy and pale.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium-low until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spread batter into greased 9-inch springform pan or pie dish, then dot with berries or arrange sliced fruit.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over top, add a dusting of cinnamon, then drizzle with honey.
- Bake until torte is golden, and a toothpick comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool on rack before slicing to serve.
We can’t wait to try this delicious recipe ourselves. It’s a fun activity to do inside with your kiddos when you need a break from the heat.
If you try this recipe, we would love to see what fruits you used and how it turned out!, Please tag us and Cathlin on Instagram @lalikids and @cathlins to share your sweet desserts with us!